Mom’s Wrath salsa is so hot … our supply is running low
ALERT for lovers of the Mom’s Wrath Scary Hot Salsa blend, you might wanna stock up … we’re running low on supplies. Sadly, we likely won’t be able to make more before spring/summer when we can once again access Carolina Reaper peppers.
As of today (Feb. 17) all of our retail outlets which normally carry the blend still have jars in stock, but we’re not sure how much longer that will be the case. We’ve got lots of Mild, Medium and Hot salsa, but the issue is that we need those incredibly hot Carolina Reapers to make our Wrath blend. And, in winter time, in Canada, during a pandemic, they are almost impossible for us to source.
Interestingly, we originally planned for the Wrath formulation to be a seasonal blend, but the response has been so strong that we decided to make it a permanent part of the Mom’s Homemade Style Salsa lineup. That same response has meant a huge run on our supply. Which is wonderful – we’re very happy you are enjoying it so much – but it also caught us by surprise.
We’ll get some more Carolina Reapers as soon as we can, and keep you up-to-date on our progress.
Mom’s now for sale at Independent Almonte, and Loblaws Elmvale Acres!
We’ve added two more retail outlets in the past week as well. The Elmvale Acres Loblaws store (on St. Laurent Blvd.) brings to three the number of Loblaws stores in Ottawa now carrying all four blends.
In Almonte, we’ve stocked up Patrice’s Your Independent Grocer, giving us two outlets in the town just west of Ottawa (we’ve been at Baker Bob’s on the main street for several months now). If you’re dropping by any of these stores, grab a jar or two and check Mom’s out. Then feel free to leave a comment on our Facebook page or Instagram.
(Check out Mom’s Blog for a list of over a dozen NEW locations we added in December and January, including a Bank St. blitz, Foodland stores in Greely and Russell, TWO House of Cheese shops in Ottawa, plus several Loblaws and Your Independent Grocers in and around Ottawa).
Scroll down for a full list of locations where you can buy Mom’s…
No added sugar … no preservatives
Did you know … we don’t add any sugar to Mom’s Homemade Salsa, nor do we add preservatives. We prefer to let the natural taste of the ingredients come through, allowing you to taste the crispness of those delicious veggies and the essence of our spices.
You can easily pronounce everything on our ingredient labels, no “ites” “ates” or 8-syllable additives.
This has another benefit too … if you are on a sugar-restricted diet due to ailments such as diabetes, Mom’s might be a diet friendly option for you.
Where you can buy Mom’s Homemade
Stores and markets where you can find Mom’s Homemade style salsa:
- Loblaws, 1910 St. Laurent Blvd., Elmvale Acres Shopping Centre;
- Loblaws, 3201 Greenbank Rd., Chapman Mills, Barrhaven;
- Loblaws, 2085 Carling Ave., Carlingwood Mall, West Ottawa;
- House of Cheese and Deli, 4335 Strandherd Dr., Unit 106, Ottawa;
- The House of Cheese, 34 Byward Market Square, Ottawa;
- MacKinnon’s Foodland, 6045 Bank St., Greely;
- Glebe Meat Market, 869 Bank St.;
- Massine’s Your Independent Grocer, 296 Bank St.;
- The Red Apron, 564 Gladstone Ave., Ottawa;
- Ottawa Artisans Pop-Up Shop, St. Laurent Shopping Centre, 1200 St. Laurent Blvd., Ottawa;
- The Butchery, 1821 Robertson Road, in Bells Corners in Ottawa;
- Stray Dog Brewing, 501 Lacolle Way, Unit 4, Ottawa (Orleans);
- 692 Coffee and Bar, 5546 Manotick Main St., Ottawa (Manotick);
- Nature’s Buzz, at 55 Beechwood Ave., Ottawa (New Edinburgh area).
Just a wee bit outside Ottawa
- Patrice’s Your Independent Grocer, 401 Ottawa St., Almonte;
- Baker Bob’s, 75 Little Bridge St., Almonte;
- Kyan Cuisine, 829 Notre Dame St., Embrun;
- Garden Market, 115 William St. W., Smiths Falls;
- Foodland Russell, 148 Craig St., Russell;
- Foodland, 12015 Main St., Winchester;
- Greg’s Quality Meats, 500 Church St., Winchester;
- B&H Your Community Grocer, at 301 Rideau Street in Kemptville;
- Rosie Yumski’s Fine Foods at 24 Church St. in Westport;
- Mrs. McGarrigle’s at 311 St. Lawrence St., in Merrickville;
- Foodsmiths, 106 Wilson St., West in Perth;
- Stone Crop Acres Winery, 5242 Smiths Road, Morrisburg, Ont.;
- The Queens Crafters and Antiques Market, 142 Bridge St., Carleton Place;
Other Ontario/Quebec Locations:
- Algonquin Fine Foods, 59 Sparks St., South, Magnetawan;
- Foodland Komoka, 10166 Glendon Dr., Komoka (just outside London);
- Thomas Brothers Farm Market, London, Ont. (seasonal);
- Restaurant Les Fougeres, 783 Quebec Route 105, Chelsea, Que., J9B 1P1;
Online Markets which stock Mom’s Homemade:
Eastern Ontario store owners / operators: Are you looking for a fresh, great-tasting Salsa to add to your product mix? We’re always happy to add new locations to the Mom’s family. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s see if we have the right product for your customers and visitors.
If you want to know a bit more about us, check out “A bit about Mom’s” …