Mom’s Salsa now in Smiths Falls, Embrun, Almonte and 2 more Ottawa stores
Mom has been working hard. We’re happy to announce another five Ottawa-and-area businesses where you can get your Mom’s Salsa fix. Incredibly, this means we are now available at 30 shops, markets and online retailers. Hurray!
In Embrun is Kyan Cuisine, a great spot owned by three local health food lovers where you can satisfy all your vegan and vegetarian cravings, including your craving for Mom’s. Not only will you find our salsa on the shelves of their Notre Dame St. outlet, you’ll also find it in some of their delicious house-made dishes.
The Garden Market is your one-stop shop in Smiths Falls for all things healthy. Fresh produce, specialty meats and beautiful flowers. Just being in the store makes you feel better!
Check in at the House of Cheese and Deli in either Barrhaven or the Byward Market (known as The House of Cheese) to satisfy all your charcuterie needs, including beautiful presentation boards. The best way to spend lockdown is surrounded by cheese (with a side of Mom’s, of course).
Last but not least Baker Bob‘s in Almonte is … well … do we even need to say anything more? If you’ve been to Almonte you’ve been to Baker Bob’s. Tasty treats (Mom really likes the oatmeal raisin cookies), fair-trade coffee, fresh-baked breads and other goodies. We’re so thankful to be on the shelves in this local landmark.
Mom’s is on a roll … we’ll be back with more good news in no time. Until then take care of yourselves and support local.
(Check out Mom’s Blog for a list of 6 other locations we added in December and earlier in January, including a Bank St. Blitz, and Foodland stores in Greely and Russell).
A full list of Mom’s retail network is included below…
Scroll down for a full list of locations where you can buy Mom’s…
It’s time to face MOM’S WRATH!!!!
The fall temperatures in Ontario might be dropping like a stone, but Mom’s Wrath is now available to help you add some serious spice (aka heat) to your life!
After months of caring for the Carolina Reaper peppers in Mom’s garden, then testing and tweaking our recipe, our first batch of Mom’s Wrath Scary Hot salsa is now on store and market shelves.
Edible Ottawa tried Mom’s … and LOVED it!
The buzz about Mom’s just continues to grow in Eastern Ontario, and this spring it extends to the region’s premiere foodie publication, Edible Ottawa magazine.
Feature writer Peter Simpson and photographer Angelina Dunn joined Cheryl and eldest son Dave for a cooking day down at Mrs. McGarrigle’s in January. They heard the story behind the creation of Mom’s, saw the love and care that goes into preparing our salsa and then crafted a wonderful article/review.
No added sugar … no preservatives
Did you know … we don’t add any sugar to Mom’s Homemade Salsa, nor do we add preservatives. We prefer to let the natural taste of the ingredients come through, allowing you to taste the crispness of those delicious veggies and the essence of our spices.
You can easily pronounce everything on our ingredient labels, no “ites” “ates” or 8-syllable additives.
This has another benefit too … if you are on a sugar-restricted diet due to ailments such as diabetes, Mom’s might be a diet friendly option for you.
Where you can buy Mom’s Homemade
Here’s our updated list of shops and markets where you can find Mom’s Homemade Salsa:
- House of Cheese and Deli, 4335 Strandherd Dr., Unit 106, Ottawa;
- The House of Cheese, 34 Byward Market Square, Ottawa;
- MacKinnon’s Foodland, 6045 Bank St., Greely;
- Glebe Meat Market, 869 Bank St.;
- Massine’s Your Independent Grocer, 296 Bank St.;
- The Red Apron, 564 Gladstone Ave., Ottawa;
- Ottawa Artisans Pop-Up Shop, St. Laurent Shopping Centre, 1200 St. Laurent Blvd., Ottawa;
- The Butchery, 1821 Robertson Road, in Bells Corners in Ottawa;
- Stray Dog Brewing, 501 Lacolle Way, Unit 4, Ottawa (Orleans);
- 692 Coffee and Bar, 5546 Manotick Main St., Ottawa (Manotick);
- Nature’s Buzz, at 55 Beechwood Ave., Ottawa (New Edinburgh area).
Just a wee bit outside Ottawa
- Kyan Cuisine, 829 Notre Dame St., Embrun;
- Garden Market, 115 William St. W., Smiths Falls;
- Baker Bob’s, 75 Little Bridge St., Almonte;
- Foodland Russell, 148 Craig St., Russell;
- Foodland, 12015 Main St., Winchester;
- Greg’s Quality Meats, 500 Church St., Winchester;
- B&H Your Community Grocer, at 301 Rideau Street in Kemptville;
- Rosie Yumski’s Fine Foods at 24 Church St. in Westport;
- Mrs. McGarrigle’s at 311 St. Lawrence St., in Merrickville;
- Foodsmiths, 106 Wilson St., West in Perth;
- Stone Crop Acres Winery, 5242 Smiths Road, Morrisburg, Ont.;
- The Queens Crafters and Antiques Market, 142 Bridge St., Carleton Place;
Other Ontario/Quebec Locations:
- Algonquin Fine Foods, 59 Sparks St., South, Magnetawan;
- Foodland Komoka, 10166 Glendon Dr., Komoka (just outside London);
- Thomas Brothers Farm Market, London, Ont. (seasonal);
- Restaurant Les Fougeres, 783 Quebec Route 105, Chelsea, Que., J9B 1P1;
Online Markets which stock Mom’s Homemade:
Eastern Ontario store owners / operators: Are you looking for a fresh, great-tasting Salsa to add to your product mix? We’re always happy to add new locations to the Mom’s family. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s see if we have the right product for your customers and visitors.
If you want to know a bit more about us, check out “A bit about Mom’s” …